Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn

Series: Samurai Detective (book 1)
Number of Pages: 216
Publication Date: 1999
Genre: Mystery
Synopsis: "While attempting to solve the mystery of a stolen jewel, Seikei, a merchant's son who longs to be a samurai, joins a group of kabuki actors in eighteenth-century Japan."

The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn was good, but entirely too easy to figure out. I had the thief pegged before the theft even occurred and the reason for they did it.
The main character Seikei was fairly interesting with his dream to become a samurai, even though he was born into a merchant family.
 There's not really much one can say about this book without giving away too much about the story. Although the mystery was thinly veiled, I do recommend giving The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn a chance, as I will be checking my library on my next trip for the sequel.

 The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn earns 3 out of 5 pineapples.
Orchid

3 comments:

  1. I think I will pass on this one since you didn't like it. Plus it doesn't sound like something I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel: It's not that I didn't like The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn, it's just that it was very easy for me to figure out the plot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good. I love a good samurai book. Too bad it was so easy to figure out. I hate that!

    ReplyDelete

I read, and am working on replying, to all the comments y'all leave. All comments are moderated by me, so, if you don't see it automatically that's why.
Psst, there is no "Word Verification" on the comments. =)

Keep on being awesome!

Are you a middle grade author, want your book to be spotlighted this year during the challenge on my blog? Than this post is just for you. All about Middle Grade Challenge

Sign up for the 2014 All about Middle Grade Reading Challenge.

linkwithen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin