Monday, November 9, 2009

Dramarama

Author: E. Lockhart
Title: Dramarama
Number of Pages:
Publication Date:
Genre: Fiction
Synopsis: "Two theater-mad, self-invented fabulositon Ohio teenagers. One boy, one girl. One gay, one straight. One black, one white. And SUMMER DRAMA CAMP. It's a season of hormones, gold lame, hissy fits, jazz hands, song and dance, true love, and unitards that will determine their future —and test their friendship."

I actually didn't like this book in the least bit. Of course I don't even like to watch musicals. The only reason I checked it out was because I thought it would be funny, but the only thing it ended up being was a quite dull read with a cast of characters that I couldn't stand for the most part. Except for Nanette she was okay. Everyone else just irritated me, especially the main character Sarah/Sadye.
The reason I didn't like Sadye was she came across as shallow and had a pretty poor attitude when she realized that she wasn't as good as the other drama camp students.
One thing I did like about the book was the cover. I loved it, especially how the eyes of the girl on the cover it were covered. That's the best thing I can say about this book from my perspective.
Although Dramarama wasn't my type of book, (please) don't let my review deter you from picking it up and giving it a shot. Because what one person doesn't like, might turn out to be another's favorite.

Dramarama earns 1 out of 5 pineapples.
Orchid

5 comments:

  1. Ouch. Sorry you didn't like it. As proof of your last statement, I loved this Dramarama! I found the characters to be refreshing and real, and considering that this was chick lit, they were surprisingly not annoying.
    Great review! Even if it was a little harsh, I appreciate your honesty. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I always appreciate honesty. Doesn't sound like something I would like either. Thanks for saving me the time. I do like the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice honest review, definitely not picking this book up but I do like the cover though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyssa and Eleni: Thanks, I was afraid I'd ruffle some feathers with that review. :)

    ZG: Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You've just won some awards from my blog!
    Click here to see what you got!

    ReplyDelete

I read, and am working on replying, to all the comments y'all leave. All comments are moderated by me, so, if you don't see it automatically that's why.
Psst, there is no "Word Verification" on the comments. =)

Keep on being awesome!

Are you a middle grade author, want your book to be spotlighted this year during the challenge on my blog? Than this post is just for you. All about Middle Grade Challenge

Sign up for the 2014 All about Middle Grade Reading Challenge.

linkwithen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin