Sunday, May 23, 2010

In My Mailbox (44)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Library:
Author: Pope Benedict XVI
Title: The Apostles1
Publication Date: 2007
Synopsis: "Through the Apostles, we come to Jesus himself." -- Pope Benedict XVI

In this fascinating and inspirational journey with the chosen disciples of Jesus, Pope Benedict XVI demonstrates a profound, unbreakable continuity -- built upon the foundation of the Apostles and alive in the succession of the Apostles -- by which Christ is present today in His Church."

The Apostles by Pope Benedict XVI is actually my Mom’s library book, but she said it was interesting so I decided to give it a whirl and so far it’s a pretty interesting read. You just have to make it through the first four or five chapters for it to pick up. Since I have been sick since last Friday I haven’t made it to the library and this all for my IMM this week. Hope y’all had better week in books then I did. Although without being able to go to the library I have put a considerable dent in TBR pile which had been getting kind of long.

Orchid
__________________
1. The Apostles was borrowed from the library.

1 comment:

I read, and am working on replying, to all the comments y'all leave. All comments are moderated by me, so, if you don't see it automatically that's why.
Psst, there is no "Word Verification" on the comments. =)

Keep on being awesome!

linkwithen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin