Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wish List Wednesday (11)

 

Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi, Publication Date 2010.
In America's Gulf Coast region, where grounded oil tankers are being broken down for parts, Nailer, a teenage boy, works the light crew, scavenging for copper wiring just to make quota--and hopefully live to see another day. But when, by luck or chance, he discovers an exquisite clipper ship beached during a recent hurricane, Nailer faces the most important decision of his life: Strip the ship for all it's worth or rescue its lone survivor, a beautiful and wealthy girl who could lead him to a better life. . . .

Why: The first thing that drew me to this book when I was at B&N was the cover (which is awesome) and the title (so simple, yet eye catching). And then I read the synopsis and knew I wanted to read it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pick! The premise sounds really unique and intriguing - can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. You'll definitely have to buy this so I can borrow it from you. ;D

    ReplyDelete

I read, and am working on replying, to all the comments y'all leave. All comments are moderated by me, so, if you don't see it automatically that's why.
Psst, there is no "Word Verification" on the comments. =)

Keep on being awesome!

linkwithen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin