Saturday, September 25, 2010

In My Mailbox (59)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Library Book Sale:
Understand the Unknown (Everworld, 10)- K.A. Applegate,
The Taming of the Shrew- Shakespeare
Middlemarch- George Eliot, 1871.
The Maltese Falcon- Dashiell Hammett, 1930. (Reviewed Here)
The Dragonriders of Pern (Dragonriders of Pern, 1-3)- Anne McCaffrey, 1968, 1970, 1978.
The Crystal Singer (The Crystal Singer, 1)- Anne McCaffrey, 1982.
All the Weyrs of Pern (Dragonriders of Pern, 8)- Anne McCaffrey, 1991.
Owlflight (Darian’s Tale, 1)- Mercedes Lackey, 1997.
Black Trillium (Trillium, 1-3)- Marion Zimmer Bradley, Julian May, & Andre Norton, 1990.
Night Angel Trilogy (The Way of Shadows, Shadow’s Edge, & Beyond the Shadows)- Brent Weeks, 2008.
The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters, VOL 1- Gordon Dahlquist, 2006.
The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters, VOL 2- Gordon Dahlquist, 2007.
Across the Nightingale Floor (Tales of the Otori, 1)- Lian Hearn, 2002. (Reviewed Here)
The Robots of Dawn (Robots, 4)- Isaac Asimov, 1983.
Fangs 4 Freaks (Half-Blood Vampire, 2)- Serena Robar, 2006.
Mirror of Danger- Pamela Sykes, 1973.
Wild Act, VOL 2- Rie Takada, 2003.
Running Out of Time- Margaret Peterson Haddix, 1995.
Jade Green: A Ghost Story- Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, 1999.
Witch and Wizard (Witch and Wizard, 1)- James Patterson, 2009.
The House of Seven Gables- Nathaniel Hawthorne, 1851.
A Study in Scarlet & The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes, 1 &3)- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1888, 1902. (couldn't find the link or cover I wanted)

Last Saturday two of my friends and I went to a library sale. In the end we spent $10 on two large paper bags for a grand total of 57 books (plus two that we picked up at some store along the way for $3.25). I found quite a few books that I had either read before and loved or ones that I had been meaning to read, and some that just sounded good. Now I am just two books shy of finishing K.A. Applegate's Everworld series *yay*. I figure if I keep raiding library sales I'll eventually finish my Anne McCaffrey, Mercedes Lackey, and Robin McKinley collections.

Used Bookstore:

The Blue Sword (Damar, 2)- Robin McKinley, 1982. (Reviewed Here)
Fruits Basket, VOL 2- Natsuki Takaya, 1999.
Ouran High School Host Club, VOL 1- Bisco Hatori, 2005
Ouran High School Host Club, VOL 2- Bisco Hatori, 2005.

I should really stop going to the Used Bookstore, but I always manage to find something I've been dying to get, like, The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley (which is one of my all-time favorite books). I was pleased to find some mangas that I really love (now I must plan on how to get the rest of the Ouran High School Host Club mangas that I saw there).

I'm super excited about all the books I have found in the last week and cannot wait to read each and every one of them. Hope y'all had a great book week too.

3 comments:

  1. You did really well at the Library Book Sale. The Blue Sword is one of my all-time favorite books too. Have you had a chance to read Pegasus yet. It is definitely on my wishlist. My mailbox is here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy Martin: Thanks. Yes, I have read Pegasus and it was amazing. Look for my review of it in the next two weeks. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you cleaned up, girl! That's my kind of library sale!

    ReplyDelete

I read, and am working on replying, to all the comments y'all leave. All comments are moderated by me, so, if you don't see it automatically that's why.
Psst, there is no "Word Verification" on the comments. =)

Keep on being awesome!

linkwithen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin