Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wish List Wednesday (30)

Foundling (Monster Blood Tattoo, 1) by D.M. Cornish, 1999.

Set in the world of the Half-Continent-a land of tri-corner hats and flintlock pistols-the Monster Blood Tattoo trilogy is a world of predatory monsters, chemical potions and surgically altered people. Foundling begins the journey of Rossamund, a boy with a girl's name, who is just about to begin a dangerous life in the service of the Emperor. What starts as a simple journey is threatened by encounters with monsters-and people, who may be worse. Learning who to trust and who to fear is neither easy nor without its perils, and Rossamund must choose his path carefully.

Why: While the synopsis for Foundling hardly says anything about what the book is actually about, I find myself wanting to read it none the less.
The thing that first drew my eye to this book when I was at a bookstore (not buying a single book though) was the cover, it just grabbed my attention even though there's not much going on. To make a long story short, it sounds like something I could definitely disappear into and devour.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool book!

    New here, btw, and loving your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it might be interesting, though not the kind of thing I'd usually pick up.

    ReplyDelete

I read, and am working on replying, to all the comments y'all leave. All comments are moderated by me, so, if you don't see it automatically that's why.
Psst, there is no "Word Verification" on the comments. =)

Keep on being awesome!

linkwithen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin