Wednesday, November 9, 2016

I Want to Read It (35): The Fixer



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.



The Fixer (Fixer, 1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, July 7, 2015. Published by Bloomsbury USA Children's. Source: Wishlist.
Sixteen-year-old Tess Kendrick has spent her entire life on her grandfather's ranch. But when her estranged sister Ivy uproots her to D.C., Tess is thrown into a world that revolves around politics and power. She also starts at Hardwicke Academy, the D.C. school for the children of the rich and powerful, where she unwittingly becomes a fixer for the high school set, fixing teens’ problems the way her sister fixes their parents’ problems.
And when a conspiracy surfaces that involves the family member of one of Tess's classmates, love triangles and unbelievable family secrets come to light and life gets even more interesting—and complicated—for Tess.

Why


I was going through my Goodreads recommendations and it was one at the top of the list...and, more importantly, it sounded interesting. While I have yet to lay my hands on a copy of The Fixer, I am excited to give Jennifer Lynn Barnes a second read. Especially since The Fixer sounds, well, better than her earlier work that I read. 

Don't get me wrong, I loved the one book I read by her. I'm just curious to see how much her writing has grown since the last time I read her work. 

Tell me, have you read this one? Is it one that you would recommend (to me or anyone)? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read, and am working on replying, to all the comments y'all leave. All comments are moderated by me, so, if you don't see it automatically that's why.
Psst, there is no "Word Verification" on the comments. =)

Keep on being awesome!

linkwithen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin