P.S. The last of my top 5 Agatha Christie books will be out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
It all begins with an invitation to Gull's Point, the seaside home of Lady Tressilian, a humourless old woman, who is confined to her bed. However, her tiresome, yet handsome nephew tennis star Neville Strange, incurs her wrath when he re-introduces his new wife Kay, to his ex-wife Audrey, which causes no end of romantic misunderstandings. But events soon take a dark turn, when Lady Tressilian is killed where she sleeps. Superintendent Battle is supposed to be taking a much needed vacation at his nephew's home, when he is called in to assist Inspector James Leach in the case of the murder of Lady Tressilian.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
1. Since it's first publication in 1897, "Dracula" has had its readers addicted to its rich cast of characters, and the ultimate face off between good, and evil. Bram Stokers "Dracula" is a must read for those who truly enjoy a great vampire novel.
2. "Underworld" Vampires VS Lycans ( or werewolves) what more can anyone ask for? The world of the night belongs entirely to those that are no longer completely human. As they struggle to find out who is the superior species. With its spectacular fight scenes, and the complexity of the characters as they try to find there own way.
3. If you're going to watch "Psycho" the best version is the original. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock. To think all the trouble begins, with the theft of $10,000, a case of paranoia, and the unfortunate luck of stopping at Bate's Motel. I absolutely loved this movie.
If you think any of your favorite Halloween movies have been unjustly left out, feel free to let me know by stopping by and commenting.
- "The Haunting"
- "Interview with the Vampire" the book, or movie.
- "Demon in My View" by Amelia Atwater Rhodes.
- "The Exorcism of Emily Rose"
- "The Jewel of Seven Stars" by Bram Stoker.
- "Van Helsing"
- "Dreadful Sorry" by Kathryn Reiss
- "Supernatural" season 1, 2, 3
- "Reaper" season 1
- "Sleepy Hollow"
Happy All Hallows' Eve,
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Today's book will center around the feisty octogenarian, Miss Marple.
5. "A Caribbean Mystery" Takes place as Miss Marple is recovering from a case of pneumonia, in the warm sun of the West Indies, with it's beautiful scenery, where everyday seems the same as the one before. Until one of the guests of the hotel dies unexpectedly, thrusting Miss Marple into a fast paced investigation.
Friday, October 24, 2008
"Death on the Nile"
Linnet Doyle is young, beautiful, and rich. She's the girl who has everything--including the man her best friend loves. When Linnet and her new husband take a cruise on the Nile, they meet brilliant detective Hercule Poirot. It should be an idyllic trip, yet Poirot feels that something is amiss.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
It turns out that if you peel the popular adhesive tape off its roll in a vacuum chamber, it emits X-rays. The researchers even made an X-ray image of one of their fingers.
Who knew? Actually, more than 50 years ago, some Russian scientists reported evidence of X-rays from peeling sticky tape off glass. But the new work demonstrates that you can get a lot of X-rays, a study co-author says.
Story continues below ↓
Wednesday, October 22, 2008