Alas! I had every intention of writing a wrap-up post for February, but life won out and I never got a chance to write one. So, I decided just to do February and March together and to talk about the anime I've been watching lately.
Also, I redesigned the banner for "On My Mind" and am quite pleased with the way it turned out. Though I do miss the griffons that flanked the last banner.
To be honest, February was a long long month. It saw me elbow deep into a Bible study on the Eucharist that took up the majority of my reading time. It's so in-depth that we are only just now rolling into the final week of the study. It also saw that beginning of soccer practices for the new year; though I missed a lot because I had only recently gotten off crutches. I didn't break anything, I just really hurt my bad knee and the doctor wanted me to take it easy...I'm not good at that...
Reading-wise, I don't think I actually got all that much reading in.
But what I did read was-
- Church History: A History of the Catholic Church to 1940 by Fr. John Joseph Laux
- Catholic Apologetics: A Course in Religion by Fr. John Joseph Laux
- Following Christ in the World by Anne W. Carroll
- Night of the Twisters by Ivy Ruckman (reviewed)
- Witherwood Reform School by Obert Skye (reviewed)
- Ouran High School Host Club, vol 4 by Bisco Hatori
- Friday Barnes, Girl Detective by R.A. Spratt (reviewed)
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll (reviewed)
- Christ the King: Lord of History by Anne W. Carroll
- The Bad Times: An Drochshaol by John Walsh and Christine Kinealy (reviewed)
- Ouran High School Host Club, vol 5 by Bisco Hatori
- DNF'd Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck
- Christ in the Americas by Anne W. Carroll
- Lost & Found by Obert Skye (reviewed)
March Wrap-up -
Reading-wise, oh dear Lord!! I barely read anything this month. I am not even joking!! I just didn't have time and nothing was catching my interest. March was a reading fail!!!
- Newmakers by Lis Wiehl (DNF)
- Hillary Rodham Clinton: Do All the Good You Can by Cynthia Levinson (DNF)
- The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ by Anne Catherine Emmerich
- City of Saints: A Pilgrimage to John Paul II's Kraków by George Weigel
- Alcatraz VS the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson (reviewed)
- Voice Over Academy, vol 11 by Maki Minami
- Voice Over Academy, vol 12 by Maki Minami
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Pride and Prejudice was read as a buddy read for #ReadJane. I'm considering seeing if putting together another classic book buddy read is in the future. It was just so much fun to read Jane Austen with some awesome people that I really would love to do it again.
Not only do I have an addiction to reading and obtaining books, but, I also am pretty addicted to anime. While I don't normally talk about the shows I watch on here, except for that time I talked about Sherlock,
This is something you may not have guessed. But, I have been fortunate enough to be able to attend to anime conventions over the last two years. I actually got up the nerve, okay more like I finished it, to cosplay at the one I attended last year. SO MUCH FUN!! I'm in the current stages of plotting out two or three new cosplays right now.
Anime-wise, I have watched a crazy amount of anime lately. While some of the shows are drawing to a close, there are still some with a couple episodes left in the season (prepares heart for all the feels).
Anime Watched this year
- Lance N' Masques
- Comet Lucifer
- Haikyuu, season 1
- Beautiful Bones: Sakurako's Investigations
- Anti-Magic Academy: 35th Test Platoon
- Noragami: Aragoto
- Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note
- Prince of Stride: Alternative
- Fairy Tail
- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
- Luck & Logic
- Active Raid: Special Public Security Fifth Division Third Mobile Assault Eighth Unit
- Myriad Colors Phantom World
- Haikyuu, season 2
- Four Rhythm Across the Blue
Like I said, I watch a ton of anime. It doesn't help that my sister is constantly insisting that I watch certain shows so we can discuss them. I really don't mind though.
There you have it, my last two months of craziness plus books and anime. I truly hope that March has treated you kinder than it treated me. Tell me what have you been up to? Did you read anything incredible? Seriously though, I have talked more than enough about myself and want to hear all about you!! <3 div="">3>