Wednesday, September 6, 2017

I Want to Read It (69): Driver's Ed



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be-read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the ones, I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.




Driver's Ed by Caroline B Cooney, August 1, 1994. Published by Delacorte Books for Young Readers. 

Three teenagers' lives are changed forever when they thoughtlessly steal a stop sign from a dangerous intersection and a young mother is killed in an automobile accident there.

Why

I have actually read Caroline B. Cooney's Driver's Ed numerous times. It was one of the first books of hers that I read when I discovered her writing thanks to, you guessed it, the library. It was one of the most chilling books I have ever read as the character must face the consequences of their very bad decision. A decision that not only impacted their futures' but also changed that of a young family's. 

It's one book that has stuck with me for the longest time. It's also one that I should probably look into buying one day to further my collection of Caroline B. Cooney books. 

I guess you could say that this edition of I Want to Read It is more about what I'd like to reread...or a recommendation to, if possible, read this book. Sure, it's rather old, but it is still a great read. Now I just need to locate a copy so I can satisfy my need to revisit it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read, and am working on replying, to all the comments y'all leave. All comments are moderated by me, so, if you don't see it automatically that's why.
Psst, there is no "Word Verification" on the comments. =)

Keep on being awesome!

linkwithen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin